In Frankfurt the conference will take place on the Westend Campus of the Goethe University (further information will follow soon).
Arrival by public transport
The Westend Campus is easily accessible by public transportation. For general information on public transportation in the Rhine-Main-region (connections, fares etc.), we refer you to the website of the RMV-transport association:
Directions from the main station
(1) With the S-Bahn, lines S1-S9 to the station "Hauptwache", then with the U-Bahn, lines U1-U3 or U8 to the station "Holzhausenstraße" or to the station "Miquel-/Adickesallee", then approx. 10 min. walk.
(2) By S-Bahn, lines S1-S9 to the station "Konstabler Wache", then by bus line 36 (direction Westbahnhof) to the station "Uni Campus Westend".
(3) Bus 64 from Hauptbahnhof/Südseite to the station "Bremer Straße"
Nearby underground stops
(1) The stations "Holzhausen Straße" and "Miquel-/Adickesallee" are served by the underground lines U1, U2, U3 and U8.
(a) U1: Ginnheim - Frankfurt Südbahnhof
(b) U2: Bad Homburg/Gonzenheim - Frankfurt Südbahnhof
(c) U3: Oberursel Hohemark - Frankfurt Südbahnhof
(d) U8: (Nieder-Eschbach or) Riedberg - Frankfurt Südbahnhof
Nearby bus stops
(1) The bus stop "Uni Campus Westend" directly in front of the IG-Farben-Haus is served by bus line 36. It runs between Frankfurt Main/Westbahnhof and Sachsenhausen/Hainer Weg. Travel time from Westbahnhof: approx. 22 min.
(2) The bus stops "Bremer Platz" or "Bremer Straße" (alias Gisèle-Freund-Platz) with bus line 64 from Hauptbahnhof/Südseite in the direction of Ginnheim. Travel time from main station: approx. 16 min.
(3) The bus stop "Max-Horkheimer-Straße" is reached by bus line 75, which runs in a circle from the station "Bockenheimer Warte". Travel time from the "Bockenheimer Warte": approx. 6 min.
Arrival by taxi
For taxi rides, the destination is "Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 1" (formerly Grüneburgplatz 1) or simply "Campus Westend".
Arrival by car Please note that the parking situation in the Westend campus area - including the main and side streets in the district - is very tense. There are hardly any inexpensive or free parking spaces available. We therefore recommend travelling by public transport or taxi.
Transport from Frankfurt to Mainz
We will provide a boat transfer from Frankfurt to Mainz on Wednesday, July 22 for all registered participants of the RAI, which will take approximately 3 hours as several locks must be navigated on the river Main.
©Elke Födisch (Goethe-Universität)
In Mainz, the conference will be held on the university campus in lecture halls P 1-P 5, which are located in the ground floor level of the Philosophicum building (Jakob-Welder-Weg 18, 55128 Mainz). Seminar rooms for workshop sessions are located nearby.
You will find the conference desk in the spacious groundfloor-foyer of the Philosophicum, which is also the location for the coffee breaks.
JGU Campus Map (PDF)
Arrival by public transport
The university campus is located about 2 km to the west of the city center of Mainz (uphill) and is easily accessible by public transportation.
From Mainz main railway station (Mainz Hauptbahnhof), you can take bus line/tram line 6, 51, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 64, 65, 68, 75, 78 or 650. Exit at stop “Universität”. From there it is a 10-15 minute walk to the conference venue in the Philosophicum building.
For the bus/tram ride from the main station to the university campus, which takes about 5 minutes, you only need to purchase a short distance ticket (Kurzstreckenticket), which at 1.80 € (as of October 2019) is cheaper than a regular ticket.
As an alternative, you can also take bus/tram line 51, 53, 54, 55, 56 or 650 and exit at stop “Friedrich-von-Pfeiffer-Weg“. From there, it is a 5-10 minute walk to the conference venue.
For further information on public transportation in the Rhine-Main-region (connections, fares etc.), we refer you to the website of the RMV-transport association:
Arrival by car
If you are coming from the west...
(from the direction of Cologne/Bonn) ... follow highway A60 via motorway junction Mainz (Autobahndreieck Mainz) towards Darmstadt, leave A60 at the Mainz-Finthen exit, follow the signs for Saarstrasse/Innenstadt to the Europaplatz roundabout, from which you need to take the Universität exit.
If you are coming from the east...
(from the direction of Würzburg/Darmstadt) ... follow highway A60 via motorway junction Rüsselsheim (Autobahndreieck Rüsselsheim) or, if on highway A63, leave this at motorway interchange Mainz (Autobahnkreuz Mainz) and join A60 towards Bingen, leave A60 at the Mainz-Finthen exit, follow the signs for Saarstrasse/Innenstadt to the Europaplatz roundabout, from which you need to take the Universität exit.
If you are coming from the north...
(from the direction of Kassel) ... follow highway A66, leave this at motorway interchange Schiersteiner Kreuz and join A643 towards Mainz. Leave A643 at motorway junction Mainz (Autobahndreieck Mainz) and join A60 towards Darmstadt. Leave A60 at the Mainz-Finthen exit, follow the signs for Saarstrasse/Innenstadt to the Europaplatz roundabout, from which you need to take the Universität exit.
You will find detailed driving directions under the following link:
Johannes Gutenberg University Route Map (PDF)
[hier Link zum Anfahrtsplan der JGU einfügen: http://www.uni-mainz.de/Dateien/JGU_directions.pdf]
Parking facilities are indicated on the general Campus map:
Campus Map (PDF)
You can also park at the Bruchwegstadion, the former football home stadium of Mainz 05, which is located just 200 m north of the main pedestrian entrance to the campus.